Get Round-the-Clock Security with IP Cameras Even Without the Internet
From the time, back and now, there have been some of the best transformations in the technology which have not only uplifted the security, but it has strengthened them also. One such example that we are going to discuss here is IP camera, which has set a new level of the household and commercial security.
What is IP camera all about?
IP Camera stands for the Internet Protocol Camera that operates digitally to record the videos. Such types of cameras are deployed for round-the-clock surveillance in the household and commercial levels. But do not confuse these with the CCTV cameras because these could even record, receive and send the data with the help of computer network and the internet also.
What are the types of IP Cameras?
There are, generally, two types of cameras – centralized and decentralized cameras. The two are defined below-
- Centralized IP Cameras: These types of cameras required NVR. NVR stands for Network Video Recorder, and it handles the video recording and alarm management.
- Decentralized IP Cameras: These cameras do not require the NVR, and these have built-in recording function, and the storages are generally the standard storages like SD Card, PC server, etc.
What are the astounding benefits of IP Cameras?
There are a lot of benefits of IP Cameras, though. However, the noticeable and remarkable once are-
- These can digitally zoom-in.
- These have the ability to send and receive over the fastest Ethernet connection.
- These come with inbuilt features of progressive scanning. This feature helps in enabling the better-quality extraction of the video, especially when the target is continuously changing its coordinates.
- These come with adjustable frame rates.
- These also come with varying resolutions to meet the specific need of the time.
- These support two-communication and are fitted with trans-receivers.
- In many of the cases, especially for the surveillance purpose, these cameras are fitted with an alarm system that performs the task of alerting if any breach in the security is found.
- For these cameras, low cabling is required.
- These also support the intelligent video covering.
- These support the secure transmission. The data is encrypted with the securities including the WPA, WPA2, AES, and TKIP.
- These also have a specific function of PoE. PoE stands for Power Over Ethernet, and these could get the power supply through the Ethernet cable. No power supply is needed then.
- Last but not the least, unlike the CCTV cameras, they support remote control recording. A person, specifically the owner can handle the camera remotely with a fast Ethernet connection.
Do these cameras operate when there is no internet?
Well, to those, who think that these cameras only work on Ethernet connection then they are wrong. These can also work without the internet. However, if you want to operate the cameras remotely and perform the administration being in different coordinates, you will require the Ethernet. So, the internet is not the specific requirement. The cameras could operate without the internet also.
So, with such potential advantages, IP Cameras make the best selection for surveillance purpose.